SSJID Working With Schools,
Teachers and Children for
Water & Power
For many years, SSJID has been providing local schools with many educational opportunities, in an effort to enhance curriculum used to teach school children about water, hydropower, conservation and many other related topics. Following are some of the ways SSJID interacts with schools in Manteca, Ripon and Escalon. Presentations can also include the demonstration of SSJID's Water Model, which is a miniature, to-scale water model of SSJID's watershed on the Stanislaus River. We also provide limited tour opportunities for several area colleges.
- Presentations at annual San Joaquin County Office of Education's Ag Day at Manteca Unified
- Presentations at annual Manteca Unified School District's Planet Party Day
- Presentations at numerous elementary schools' "Agriculture" or "Farm Days"
- Tours of Tulloch Dam/Powerhouse and across Goodwin Dam near Knight's Ferry (limited availability)
- Free "Splasher" canal safety coloring books for grades 3-4 in Manteca, Ripon, Escalon and private schools throughout the District
- Presentations to the Chamber of Manteca's Junior Ambassadors
For information about how you can participate in SSJID's educational opportunities, please contact Troylene Sayler, Public Relations Director at (209) 249-4624 or e-mail email@example.com. These activities are provided on a pre-scheduled basis, please make requests with as much advanced notice as possible, and not all requests can be honored due to possible scheduling conflicts.